Point your domain to the server
The first step in setting up both VPS and Dedicated servers running Webmin is to create an A-record at your domain registrar to point your domain to the server.
We can’t set up your free SSL certificate until this process is completed.
Please note that it can take up to 72 hours for a domain to propagate throughout the internet to a server, although it usually happens much sooner.
Obtain your server’s details
1. After successful payment is approved, your server will be set up within 2 minutes.
2. Login to My HostJane. In the Dashboard under Services, look for the Webmin server you have provisioned.
If you cannot see the Webmin server or the server is not active, please open a ticket.
3. Click Manage next to the Webmin server item. You will be transferred to the server’s dashboard.
4. Go to the Statistics area to find your server’s IP address and password. Follow the instructions to complete your Webmin installation.
Sample screenshot of the Application Information.
Copy and paste the installer link into a fresh browser window. The installer address will look something like this, but will have your server’s IP address:
Replace Your Server’s IP with your Webmin server’s IP as found in Statistics
For your security we don’t send this by email. You you need to login to your secure SSL-encrypted My HostJane account to review the credentials.
Accessing the Webmin Installer
5. After copying the installer link into a new browser window, you will see a HTTPS warning.
As explained on the order page, your server comes with a self-signed SSL certificate. This means that you can access your Webmin installation by HTTP://, but when accessing via HTTPS://, a warning appears in your browser.
This warning is expected because we can’t configure an SSL certificate for an IP address. But it’s safe to ignore. Click the Advanced button in the browser to add an exception.
A security dialog box will open.
Enter the username and password credentials into the box, as found in Statistics.
Click Sign in or Enter.
How to remove the SSL warning
Once your domain has successfully pointed to the server, open a support ticket and we will install your free SSL certificate on the server, which will be accessible at:
TLD means top-level domain, and can stand for any domain like .com, .net. .org, or any other TLD. HostJane and our servers work with all domain registrars worldwide.
6. After passing the security dialog, you will see your server’s Webmin Installer.
The first step is to configure your new site.
Use root for the username, with the root password in Statistics to login.
You will then be able to login and configure your new Webmin server.
Once your domain has finished pointing to the server, you will be able to access your website via your domain name.
You can check the DNS status of your Domain’s A-Record propagation at ISP nodes around the world by visiting: https://whatsmydns.net