OpenVPN runs on your janeCloud on top of Ubuntu, one of the most secure linux distributions.
OpenVPN on janeCloud only allows two (2) devices to connect free at any one time. If you need to connect more devices, then you need to buy a license from OpenVPN.
Get your cloud server’s IP and login credentials
1. After successful payment is approved, your server will be set up within 2 minutes.
2. Login to My HostJane. In the Dashboard under Services, look for the OpenVPN server you have provisioned.
If you cannot see the OpenVPN server or the cloud server is not active, please open a ticket.
3. Click Manage next to the OpenVPN server item. You will be transferred to the server’s dashboard.
4. Go to the Statistics area to find your cloud server’s IP address and password. Follow the instructions to complete your OpenVPN installation.
Sample screenshot of the Application Information.
Copy and paste the installer link into a fresh browser window. The installer address will look something like this, but will have your server’s IP address:
Replace Your Server’s IP with your OpenVPN server’s IP as found in Statistics
For your security we don’t send this by email. You you need to login to your secure SSL-encrypted My HostJane account to review the credentials.
Accessing the OpenVPS Installer
5. After copying the installer link into a new browser window, you will see a HTTPS warning.
This happens because your server comes with a self-signed SSL certificate. It’s safe to ignore the HTTPS:// warning that appears in your browser.
Click the Advanced button in the browser to add an exception.
Proceed unsafely at the prompt.
You will see the OpenVPN login page.
6. Enter the username and password given in Statistics into the OpenVPN login.
You can now download the OpenVPN client for your system, to connect to OpenVPN.
7. To proceed with OpenVPN configuration, click Admin
Enter the username and password given in Statistics.
You can now configure your OpenVPN server.
OpenVPN Connect for Windows
A. Download and open the .MSI installer.
B. Continue at the prompt.
C. After installation, the OpenVPN icon should appear in the tray next to the clock on your Windows taskbar
D. Right click on the icon. In the pop-up menu click [Your_Server’s_IP]
You can now select your OpenVPN server to connect.
OpenVPN Connect for Mac OS
A. Download and open the .dmg installer.
B. Follow the on-screen instructions to install.
C. The OpenVPN icon will appear near the system clock. You can connect to your server through this menu.
Using your OpenVPN server
Keep in mind that when you connect to your OpenVPN server, all traffic from your computer will be routed through your janeCloud server. Your computer will be assigned a new IP address.
If you have any issues, please open a ticket for assistance.